Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme at UK Universities 2018/2019
Commonwealth Masters scholarships in the UK are offered to citizens of Commonwealth developing countries who would otherwise not be able to study in the UK. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department of International Development (DFID), which is co-sponsored by UK universities.
Participating British universities
Level / Learning field (s):
Qualified Masters Degrees offered at participating UK universities are listed at this link.
The scholarships do not include undergraduate, PhD or preparatory English classes.
Number of Scholarships:
About 200 scholarships.
Scholarship / Inclusions / Duration:
Each scholarship offers approved study and exam fees, approved flight from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award, scholarship, warm clothing, study travel allowance and excess baggage.
The scholarships are usually valid for one year only.
Deadline: 17 April 2018 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Sep/Oct 2018
To apply for a Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, candidates must:
• Become a citizen of a recognized Commonwealth country or receive refugee status or be a UK Protected Person
• You are a permanent resident of a developing Commonwealth country
• Be available to begin studying in the United Kingdom in September / October 2018 until the beginning of the academic year
• By October 2018, a minimum of at least upper secondary education (2: 1) or a second-grade degree and a corresponding post-graduate degree (usually a master’s degree).
• You have not studied or worked in a developed country for a year or more
• You can not afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
You should apply to study a qualifying Master’s degree program at a UK university participating in the Shared Scholarship program. All applications must be made through the university you have chosen. You will need to check with your chosen university for their specific advice, admission requirements and application rules. Some universities may also require you to complete your own application form for admission, which may have a separate deadline.
You must submit your application using the Electronic Application System (EAS) of the CSC, in addition to any other application you need to take at the university you choose. , All applications must be submitted no later than April 17, 2018 to 23.59 (BST). Each university has its own application deadline.
How to Apply:
It is important to read the 2018 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Terms and Conditions and to visit the official website (link below) for detailed information on applying for this scholarship.
Click the link below to apply: