2018 University of Primorska Fully-Funded PhD Scholarships in Computer Science, Slovenia
The university of primorska fully-funded PhD scholarships in computer science are offer to all students around the globe. The Faculty of Mathematics, Science and Information Technologies of the University of Primorska (UP FAMNIT) offers a fully funded doctoral scholarship to HICUP LAB.
The University of Primorska is the third university in Slovenia. It is located in Koper, Izola and Portorož and is named after the Slovenian coastal region in which it is located.
If you come from outside the EU, the candidate selected will need proof of fluency in English (IELTS – with a minimum score of 6.5, ToEFL iBT – with a minimum score of 93 in total and 20 in each skill or equivalent).
Application deadline: 1 April 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD program.
Study Subject: University Welcome Applications by students who are thrilled to work as part of a multidisciplinary team focusing on applied computer science research in the following areas: Human-Computer Interaction, Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality, and Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing.
Scholarship: The selected candidate will receive a scholarship of 36-48 months, which includes:
- Monthly payments between 700 € and 1000 € – subject to the academic achievement of the applicant and previous experience and expertise.
- Training costs.
- Research equipment and a desk.
- The annual budget for other research costs for fieldwork and conference visits.
Number of scholarships: (unknown)
Scholarship can be taken in Slovenia
Authorization for the Scholarship
Eligible countries: Both EU students and international students can apply.
Admission Requirements: Applicants should have outstanding academic potential, preferably a master’s degree with honors, and a strong first degree in computer science or a related subject. Excellent technical skills, programming skills and good active and passive English skills are essential. We are looking for a candidate with good prototype skills and an inventive mind for problem solving. In particular we are looking for candidates with very good knowledge in at least one of the areas Software Engineering, 3D Graphics, Information Visualization, Interaction Design, Computer Vision, System Modeling, Artificial Intelligence, Software Development or similar. Applied mathematics or the ability to learn this is also desirable.
English Language Requirements: If you are from outside the EU, the candidate selected will need proof of fluency in English (IELTS – minimum 6.5, ToEFL iBT – minimum 93 in total and 20 in each skill or equivalent).
Applicants for the scholarship must enclose the following documents (if not in English or Slovenian, all documents must be officially translated and provided with documents in their original language):
- A letter of motivation (research proposal / personal statement).
- A curriculum vitae (personal data, professional experience, education and training, language skills, development skills, awards and recognitions, previous research, publications). Maximum 4 pages.
- Portfolio of previous research and / or development projects and / or DIY prototyping (eg mobile apps, web apps, DIY electronics, graphic designs, interface designs, system mockups, DIY prototypes …)
- A certified copy of all previously completed higher education qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, etc.
Course transcripts, GPA (Grade Point Average) certificate of exams and exercises, including explanations of the used drawing schemes and, if possible, an indication of their class ranking / position in the class.
- Two letters of reference (your two referees must be able to indicate your suitability for a research degree in study, one of them must be your academic tutor), which was originally concluded by umpires.
- If you need a visa to study in Slovenia or the UK, you will need a copy of the page of your passport containing your full name, passport number, etc.
How to Apply
First, applicants should email this information in a zip file. For further enquiry, click the link below to apply
See Also: Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships, 2018
Commonwealth Masters scholarships are for low-income and middle-income Commonwealth candidates for a full-time Masters degree from a UK university.
Funded by the British Department of International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship enables talented and motivated individuals to acquire the knowledge and skills needed for sustainable development. They are aimed at those who can not afford to study in the UK
For further enquiry: Visit Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships, 2018